Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

CEILING MOVIES: TURNING CINEMA ON IT'S HEAD!

I think that most kids can find a renewed interest in something ordinary as long as it's being presented in a fresh way! So we decided to watch movies on the ceiling! At only seven months old my baby isn't old enough to appreciate watching a movie on the ceiling but my brother and I were excited by the prospect. Of course, you'll need a projector for this viewing experience.



We hooked my laptop up to the projector and attached some computer speakers and that was pretty much all there was to it. We got to enjoy laying on our backs on the couch and watching a movie on what amounted to a huge screen because aiming the projector at the ceiling allows for a very big image (especially if you have really high ceilings like us.) 



It was almost like a drive-in experience and we look forward to doing it again. I can see this being a huge hit at a slumber party with all the kids arranged on the floor in sleeping bags. I have a cousin who routinely plays movies outdoors for her kids by aiming their projector at some fabric draped on a gazebo, but the outside wall of the house or a fence would suffice too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment